Wow – What's Been Up Lately?

• August 10, 2019 at 12:37 pm #3974
      cathy
      Participant

Hey everyone,
      Cathy here. I used to run this site a long time ago. Okay, I started this site a long time ago. It really became overwhelming to keep up with the site and my life too. Luckily for me, this community of people is full of amazing talent, and despite having his own very busy life and business to run, Duncan volunteered to take on the challenge of running StarWarsCards.net

All I can say is WOW, has he made some impressive improvements. The checklists and card set pages are truly impressive now in ways they never were when I was in charge. He’s WAY less behind than I was too.

Now about this little community area. I admit, I am OLD (really) and not always up-to-date with all the technology stuff I should be (despite working in IT). So, I had a little trouble navigating in the community area. I took a long break after the site went live to deal with personal stuff, and then came back and was like, wow, everything is SO different. Oh darn, how do I log in. Oh darn, how do I post? NOW I have it all figured out and it isn’t that hard! Also I can get notifications by e-mail when I post. All sorts of nice new features.

Now, I’m sure some of my other old friends from the site have been a little overwhelmed with how to log-in and things too. So maybe we need to help each other out a bit. That cute STAR symbol at the top is where you go to login (or sign up) to use the forums. Once logged in, you get to post things. And Reply and all that good stuff. That little STAR seems awfully little, and I bet if you use other sites like this one you are familiar with it (unlike me) but if not, go there, get signed in! 🙂

I still have a lot going on in my life that keeps me from spending a ton of time with card stuff, but I still love this community of people, and yes, card stuff, so I want to see posting here. Not just trading and selling to each other but just chatting with each other. It’s better than facebook, although I think Duncan has good stuff going there too.

• October 12, 2019 at 7:49 am #4012
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Cathy and all the other members of his great site (old and new).
      I’m still kicking around, collecting SW cards in October 2019. I can’t believe it’s been over twenty (20) years that I have been associated (on and off) with the good people of StarWarsCards.net – gasp! 😉
      Just popped in today to say hi to everyone. I’m hoping to spend more time here in the near future; some amazing things coming up for Star Wars collectors and fans in the coming months.
      Take care for now. Kindest regards to you all.
      Simon – Ghost Owl (Australia)
      ————————————————————–
      Ghost Owl – Want / Have Lists [Trading Vintage / PSA Graded Star Wars Cards].
      Ghost Owl – PSA Set Registry [My PSA Graded Collection of Vintage Star Wars Cards].
      Ghost Owl – eBay [PSA Graded Vintage Star Wars Cards For Sale].

• October 12, 2019 at 10:58 am #4013
      cathy
      Participant

No ice to have you back on the site. Rise of Skywalker, Mandalorian, all sorts of new stuff on the Disney+ channel. Lots of things to be excited about in the world of Star Wars, even for us old timers! Even those who don’t live the new stuff, can appreciate that it causes a refresh of items related to the old stuff too.

• December 23, 2019 at 12:56 am #4029
      puppieonacid
      Participant

Loving The Mandalorian. Even enjoying Resistance.
      Disney plus is great for my kids and I to enjoy shorter stuff. Even the legos lol

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.