Rise of Skywalker 2

• June 25, 2020 at 11:31 am #4116
      rosemaster
      Participant

The latest SW card set from Topps, Rise of Skywalker 2, came out June 24. I bought my usual two boxes. Each box gave me a complete set of base cards, plus a few extras and a bunch of parallels. Nice collating job by Topps.

With my two boxes I was able to complete three of the insert sets and come close on another. However, the Kylo Continuity, Foil Puzzle, and Poster cards only come one to a box versus totals of 5, 6, and 9 respectively. I’m not sure why Topps feels the need to include seven insert sets. I would like to see them going back to just three or four.

I did get two “hits” in each box, with one sketch, two regular autograph cards, and one relic card (also autographed by Adam Driver #3/3).

• July 21, 2020 at 12:50 am #4118
      rosemaster
      Participant

Did anyone else collect this set? If so, let us know how it went. I hope I’m not the last one collecting the new sets.

• July 22, 2020 at 7:11 pm #4119
      starkiller1128
      Participant

bought a master set off ebay base and the chase sets 160 cards in total

• July 28, 2020 at 12:22 am #4121
      rosemaster
      Participant

I buy the master sets for the expensive sets (56 cards for $60, for instance). I still buy the boxes for the more reasonable sets, just to see if I can pull a really good card like I got this time.

• August 15, 2020 at 2:10 pm #4158
      darthdobus
      Participant

Ended up buying several boxes of The Rise of Skywalker, series 2. Really nice set of base cards. I was able to finish off almost all of the insert sets. All of my boxes had 2 hits, except one. Topps was very good about reimbursing me for the missing hit card. I did manage to get a Millennium Falcon relic card (#2/4) as well as some really good autographs.
      I will be posting a haves/wants list real soon!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.