"Hot Pack" Question

• February 13, 2019 at 2:14 pm #3868
      jediwill
      Participant

Hi,
      So I ran across a couple of blaster boxes at my local target store, one each of 2018 Galactic Files and 2018 Galaxy. I have “completed” my sets of these as I define it, but couldn’t resist getting them and hoping for some rare cards. (not likely I know, but..)

My question is, in your personal preference, which has more trade appeal as far as the medallion/patch card goes. Unopened or opened and identified? I already have enough of each as I don’t try to collect them all, so I thought I might try and trade them and just curious as to what most of you prefer.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
      JW

• February 14, 2019 at 12:01 am #3872
      rosemaster
      Participant

I would rather know what I was getting.

• February 15, 2019 at 12:01 am #3874
      jediwill
      Participant

That is my feeling as well, but was curious to see what others had to say.
      Thanks for your input!

• February 17, 2019 at 11:52 pm #3882
      rosemaster
      Participant

I didn’t know these patches/medallions existed. It sounds as if you have more than you want. What would you charge me for one or two of them? I’m not interested in trying to get them all.

• February 18, 2019 at 1:25 pm #3883
      Duncster
      Keymaster

I personally love the medallion cards… certainly one of my favourite all time chase cards by Topps (not as excited about the patches) .. as there are some that are numbered and far more rare, you may be able to sell an unopened pack for a bit more than a regular medallion card… but not as much as if you opened it and actually pulled a numbered one.

Myself though, I would prefer to see the card being purchased… as the rare numbered ones are nice…. but I would prefer to get one I need vs one with a number on the back.

• February 20, 2019 at 1:53 pm #3886
      jediwill
      Participant

I appreciate your input, and that along with my own curiosity has helped me to decide to open the two packs that I have. Rosemaster, I would gladly do a trade with you, getting you one from each set or sell them to you though I really am not sure what to ask for. Send me a trade or purchase offer, and we can go from there if you are still interested.

Thanks
      JW

• February 24, 2019 at 5:12 pm #3892
      rosemaster
      Participant

Would you sell me one patch from each of Galactic Files and Galaxy 2018 for a total of $10 plus shipping? Thanks.

• February 28, 2019 at 7:39 pm #3896
      jediwill
      Participant

Rosemaster, PM sent.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.