Chrome Legacy

• August 12, 2019 at 2:51 pm #3977
      rosemaster
      Participant

Did anyone buy boxes of the new Chrome Legacy series that came out last week? How was the collation? It seemed crazy to me that you would have to buy at least four boxes to even have a chance to get a complete base set. If anyone did buy a box or boxes, let us know what your experience was like. Thanks.

• August 18, 2019 at 10:32 am #3980
      darthdobus
      Participant

Hi,
      I bought 4 boxes of SW Chrome Legacy a few days ago from my local card store. I was very pleased with the cards I received. I ended up with some real nice autograph cards as well as some really detailed sketch cards. Even the medallion cards were a step above ones from other sets. You are right about the base cards though. I was only able to get about 150 base cards out of 200. There were also 3 different chase sets to collect. Each chase set has 25 cards in it. So, I was only able to get about half of two of the sets, and 17 out of 25 of another set. I was left with some extra base and chase cards, so I will probably be looking to trade for cards that I need. The rest I will probably buy on ebay. There were a lot of different level refractors/parallels to collect. Will probably be impossible to get them all.
      Over all, it reminded me of the SW Masterwork sets. The cards are very high quality. My favorite thing about this set is that more than half of the images are completely new. It is not the same old images done over and over again. I definitely recommend getting some boxes and finishing the base set and chase sets by either trading or buying loose cards.
      Hope I was able to help!

-Wayne(Darth Dobus)

• August 18, 2019 at 9:36 pm #3983
      rosemaster
      Participant

I decided to just buy the set on eBay. I was able to buy the complete base set and all three chase card sets for about $150. I still don’t have any sketch cards, autographs or medallion cards, and getting any good ones will be pricey. I did miss the fun of opening the packs, and that is worth something. The cards are definitely high quality, matching the high price. I guess everyone will have to decide for themselves if they want to buy the boxes, just buy the set online, or skip it altogether.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.