Halloween is Coming – Who Will Give Out Trading Cards?

• August 10, 2019 at 12:15 pm #3971
      cathy
      Participant

Just wondering who here will be giving out trading cards as part of their trick-or-treat treats this year? I find you can stick a bunch of left over common cards in ‘game bags’ or even snack size baggies and give them out. Kids seem to love getting them. Even if they never end up collecting cards the way we do, it is a fun way to share the hobby and MAYBE help create a new future collector. 🙂 And yes, I am plotting out what I will hand out for Halloween in AUGUST! I know I’m a bit crazy.

• August 11, 2019 at 12:33 am #3975
      rosemaster
      Participant

That’s a good idea, Cathy. I have so many extra base cards that just keep cluttering up the area. Maybe give some to kids to get them interested.

• August 11, 2019 at 5:15 pm #3976
      cathy
      Participant

I do it every year. I sometimes put them in game bags, sometimes just a baggie (the snack size work well) 10 cards or so are perfect and I try to pick spares from more kid friendly sets. Even little kids seem to recognize the main characters and appreciate them. I also like to give spare base cards to friends who work in libraries. Great to give out to kids as mini-rewards and useful as bookmarks or in crafts.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.