HOME    Checklists    Community    E-mail     Card Store   Bookmark and Share   

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Galactic Files series 2 - July 2013 Login/Join

Jedi Apprentice
Picture of jedi-mich
posted
Here are the news about the series 2.
Base set with 350 cards
57 insert cards
+ 2 hits per box
1 Sketchcard and
1 auto
or 1 dual auto ( Roll Eyes )
or 1 printing plate card
or 1 Medallion

It seems that Topps doesn't know any more what to invent as chase cards.

Just after the Celebration Europe II, it will be difficult to earn money to complete this 407 card set Big Grin

Posts: 176 | Location: Aix en Provence, France | Registered: 24 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Apprentice
posted Hide Post
Wow .Dual auto will be tough pull.I read on the NSU forum,there will be 5 different dual auto with a total run of 200 ,that makes 40 of each dual auto Frowner

Posts: 97 | Location: Quebec, CANADA | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Apprentice
posted Hide Post
You know what insert would be neat? Reprints of a card from each set made so far so each card set is represented with a foil stamp on the front that says Galactic Files - Historical Document. And they can ask the set designer (or artist if it was done by one artist) what single card was their favorite or perfectly embodied the set, and maybe 25 of each of those cards could be signed by the artist or actor featured on the card

Posts: 102 | Location: Woodlyn, Pa | Registered: 18 February 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of Machinegunkelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
You know what would be neat?

** AT LEAST 12 months between sets

** Chase cards & sub sets, in which the odds actually make it economical to complete them.

** H-Boxes that don't cost $120

** The ability to "complete" a set with a single H-Box purchase

........I can hardly wait for the release Smiler

Please click on the links below for my entire inventory of Star Wars cards available for trade/sale.

My COMPLETE Haves / Wants List

Non-Star Wars Cards for Trade

Completed Base Sets for Sale

BASE CARD NEEDS

eBay Sales: ALL OFFERS WELCOME !

Posts: 1700 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 14 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
Picture of jr2d2
posted Hide Post
$120 per box = Pass
Stupidly rare cards = Pass
Same old chase cards = Pass
Less than a year after Series 1 = Pass
Only 2 months after Jedi Legacy = Pass

Mad

Posts: 1610 | Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: 14 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Jedi Knight"
Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jr2d2:
Mad

The medallian cards look different/new.

Another large base set is kind of fun - although hard to complete (that is why it is fun!). For some collectors just completing the base may be enough.

Posts: 757 | Location: KS | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Padawan
Picture of CorpVandolay
posted Hide Post
Okay, so has anyone found these for pre-sale yet? I have searched and haven't seen them listed yet.

Posts: 22 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 02 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
One good note is printing plates in the set-- so no need for another 500.00 for bonus cards they just could have included in Series 2 Mad

Posts: 241 | Location: Shelbyville, KY | Registered: 11 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
Picture of Bounty Hunter-CK
posted Hide Post
With this set is coming in July,and the Jedi Legacy set,any chance we will see the ROTJ 3D set coming this year?

My Boba Fett Collection
"He is worth a lot to me!"

Posts: 379 | Location: Bounty Hunter Galaxy | Registered: 23 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
With this set is coming in July,and the Jedi Legacy set,any chance we will see the ROTJ 3D set coming this year?

Fr: FETTish:
I asked about Galactic Files 2 and ROTJ 3D and got this response:

"Hi Matt,
Galactic Files 2 is due out in August. It is currently in development now. As far as widevision goes, we have had discussions about doing a ROTJ set, but have not made a concrete decision. The Empire set did not perform as well as we had hoped."

I am going to see if I can get set details at least.

Please click on the links below for my entire inventory of Star Wars cards available for trade/sale.

BASE CARD NEEDS

Posts: 1700 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 14 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

***Official SWTC Advertisement***

Potomac Distribution is a great card shop. I've been purchasing my cards from them for over 10 years, and have always found their pricing and service to be the best. This link is an affiliate link that helps support the operating costs of our site.

Cathy

Jedi Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
$120 per box = Pass
Stupidly rare cards = Pass
Less than a year after Series 1 = Pass
Only 2 months after Jedi Legacy = Pass

I've been collecting ever since I was a kid and SW hit the market, but surprisingly, SWGF was my first EVER pre-order H-Box purchase, Legacy will be my second....and probably last. I think I'm w/ you on this one too Jr, at least as far as pre-ordering any Hobby boxes. I'm going to rely on eBay for my chase & insert cards and trade for a base set. $120 a box w/ no "guarantees" as to the quality of the hits is to big a gamble for me and I THINK I'm going to revert back to my old method of eBaying to fill my needs. Seems it's a LOT cheaper in the end plus I don't end up w/ tons of extra base cards.

BASE CARD NEEDS

"Jedi Knight"
Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
Non sport update is showing a scan of the Galactic Files 2 Promo 488P here:

http://nonsportupdate.com/currentissue.htm

Posts: 757 | Location: KS | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RedFive:

Is it out yet?

My Boba Fett Collection

Posts: 379 | Location: Bounty Hunter Galaxy | Registered: 23 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Jedi Knight"
Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bounty Hunter-CK:
quote:
Originally posted by RedFive:

Is it out yet?

I subscribe, and I have not received my issue yet.

Jedi Apprentice
Picture of Darth Vlad
posted Hide Post
I am anxious to see the checklist. I wonder if this set will contain the 'extras' contained in the deluxe set, but maybe with different pictures or numbering (or GF2 on them) so that those that bought the deluxe don't feel screwed by it.

Posts: 63 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: 01 November 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Apprentice
posted Hide Post
Scheduled for release July 31st.

Daniel W. Skowronski

Posts: 69 | Location: Norton OH USA | Registered: 14 September 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Knight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Obi-Daniel:
Scheduled for release July 31st.

Thanks!

My Boba Fett Collection

Padawan
Picture of JediFett
posted Hide Post
I not to long ago preordered my 2 boxes for 97.00.
Im just getting back into collecting these cards so its really exciting for me started with galactic files then was dissapointed a lil with legacy so im really excited about galactic files 2.

Posts: 29 | Location: Boba Fett | Registered: 23 May 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Jedi Knight"
Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
I just received the Galactic Files 2 Non-Sport Update issue in the mail. So you may start seeing other subscribers selling their 488P promo on an auction site soon.

"Jedi Knight"
Picture of rosemaster
posted Hide Post
I've already seen one on eBay. It sold for something like $6.38 with free shipping.

Posts: 1529 | Location: St. Louis, MO, USA | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Potomac Distribution is a great card shop. I've been purchasing my cards from them for over 10 years, and have always found their pricing and service to be the best. This link is an affiliate link that helps support the operating costs of our site.

Cathy

"Jedi Knight"
Picture of rosemaster
posted Hide Post
Potomac is showing the release date for the cards as Aug. 9.

Posts: 1529 | Location: St. Louis, MO, USA | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Jedi Knight"
Picture of rosemaster
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have a complete list of the autograph cards available with this set?

Padawan
posted Hide Post
This is what I was told from a friend close to Topps, but I have not seen all the dual autos on eBay yet...

Single Autographs:

Tom Kane(Yoda)
Jett Lucas(Zett Jukasa)
Billy Dee Williams(Lando)
Tim Rose(Ackbar)
Mark Hamill(Luke)
Carrie Fisher(Leia)
Ian McDiarmid(Emperor Palpatine)
Jeremy Bulloch(Boba Fett)
Kenneth Colley(Captain Piett)
John Ratzenberger(Bren Derlin)
Chris Parsons(4-LOM)
Peter Mayhew(Chewie)
James Earl Jones(Vader)
Daniel Logan(Young Boba Fett)
Ashley Eckstein(Ahsoka Tano)
Alan Harris(Bossk)
Ralph Brown(Ric Olie)

Dual Autos:

Eckstein/Kane
Bulloch/Harris
Hamill/Fisher
McDiarmid/Jones
Ford/Mayhew

Posts: 17 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 12 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Apprentice
Picture of Darth Vlad
posted Hide Post
I wonder if these will be sold at retail like last time?

Posts: 63 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: 01 November 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Jedi Knight"
Picture of rosemaster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ned:
This is what I was told from a friend close to Topps, but I have not seen all the dual autos on eBay yet...

Single Autographs:

Tom Kane(Yoda)
Jett Lucas(Zett Jukasa)
Billy Dee Williams(Lando)
Tim Rose(Ackbar)
Mark Hamill(Luke)
Carrie Fisher(Leia)
Ian McDiarmid(Emperor Palpatine)
Jeremy Bulloch(Boba Fett)
Kenneth Colley(Captain Piett)
John Ratzenberger(Bren Derlin)
Chris Parsons(4-LOM)
Peter Mayhew(Chewie)
James Earl Jones(Vader)
Daniel Logan(Young Boba Fett)
Ashley Eckstein(Ahsoka Tano)
Alan Harris(Bossk)
Ralph Brown(Ric Olie)

Dual Autos:

Eckstein/Kane
Bulloch/Harris
Hamill/Fisher
McDiarmid/Jones
Ford/Mayhew

Thanks for the list. I'm going to have to get a few of them for my autograph collection.

"Jedi Knight"
Picture of rosemaster
posted Hide Post
I see there is an error on one of the cards. The backside of the Cal Alder card #504 is the same as the Cabbel #505 card. The info shown is correct for #505, but it means we didn't get the correct reverse side for #504.

Jedi Apprentice
Picture of jedi-mich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ned:
but I have not seen all the dual autos on eBay yet...

I saw 2 of them and Han/Chewies Exists.

Maybe, there are 17 single autos + only 3 dual autos = 20 autos.
Otherwise we have 22 autos, which is not a round figure. Big Grin

Posts: 176 | Location: Aix en Provence, France | Registered: 24 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Apprentice
posted Hide Post
I think there has to be some debate about what dual autos are actually in the set, only two have shown up on ebay. We have seen images of Han & Chewis, so assume 5-10 of these max, but what about any others? Until there is proof I am assuming just three.

Posts: 94 | Location: UK | Registered: 25 May 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jedi Apprentice
posted Hide Post
and wouldn't R2-D2 & C-3PO be the obvious standout one?!?

Posts: 94 | Location: UK | Registered: 25 May 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Padawan
Picture of CorpVandolay
posted Hide Post
There are 5 dual autos. Topps has now posted the complete GF2 checklist.

http://entertainment.topps.com...alactic-files-2.html

Posts: 22 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 02 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Cathy

"Jedi Knight"
Picture of rosemaster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CorpVandolay:
There are 5 dual autos. Topps has now posted the complete GF2 checklist.

http://entertainment.topps.com...alactic-files-2.html

Their list doesn't include card #1, which is part of the set.

Jedi Knight
Picture of Darth Dobus
posted Hide Post
Just wondering, has anyone found any Galactic Files 2 cards popping up at any of the retail stores like Target or Walmart?

Posts: 427 | Location: Fairburn,Georgia | Registered: 27 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Jedi Knight"
Picture of rosemaster
posted Hide Post
I think it's supposed to be a Hobby Only set.

Padawan
posted Hide Post
It's listed as a Hobby only exclusive launch according to their product release sales plan...

http://www.blowoutcards.com/fo...iles-series-2-a.html

Posts: 17 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 12 June 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Padawan
posted Hide Post
Well, all 5 dual autos have now appeared on eBay...and the top three were/are listed at outrageous prices. They must have been made with a super short print run to take this long to make their first appearance...

Jedi Apprentice
posted Hide Post
Taken a long time to surface, so almost certainly very small volumes of each. Really nice cards, but the chances of getting one are slim. Not quite sure what value they will settle down at, but current pricing on ebay rather defies logic!

Jedi Apprentice
Picture of jedi-mich
posted Hide Post
$12000 the dual auto Hamill/Fischer Eeker
Ok i sell my car and i buy this card Roll Eyes

"Jedi Knight"
Picture of rosemaster
posted Hide Post
Does it come with lifetime limousine service?

Jedi Apprentice
Picture of jedi-mich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rosemaster:
I see there is an error on one of the cards. The backside of the Cal Alder card #504 is the same as the Cabbel #505 card. The info shown is correct for #505, but it means we didn't get the correct reverse side for #504.

I saw an another error between card #576 (Zatt) and #577 (Gungi).
The pictures were inverted.